Friday, January 31, 2014

Why? Why on earth?

Why? Why on earth would we want to sell most everything we own and live out of a camper?


As I am anticipating making the announcement that this is the new lifestyle we as a family have chosen, this is one of the questions I'm expecting.

As with any explanation I come up with for some of my crazy ideas, I have many reasons.  While we are so excited to travel the country, see so many interesting sites, slow down a little, and spend some serious quality time with each other, there is one reason that it all boils down to... For me at least.

Because we only live once, and we don't know how long that will be.

So why not grab life by the horns and enjoy every single moment.

Do the things we dream about.

The past year and a half have been life-changing for me.  I've had close, dear friends recently lose babies, husbands, moms, dads, and we almost lost my father in-law.  All of those deaths and near-deaths were unexpected, fast, and traumatic.  It truly has changed my perspective on life.  

I have a little anxiety built up in my chest over telling my parents, my sister in-law, mother in-law, and my husband's grandparents about this move.  Mostly because they are the people who are physically close and will be impacted by this change.  I truly hope they can see where we are coming from with this and will be supportive. I just hope this news is met with understanding, I hope they share in our excitement, and don't start fights over it.   

(I'd like to give credit for the image posted, but it was found on Pinterest and led to a hospice site.)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment